The National Capital Region Construction Industry Tripartite Council (NCR-CITC) was constituted on 23 September 2014. The formal ceremony took place at the Occupational Safety and Health Center (OSHC) with the oath taking of the first selected Officers from Management Sectors. The Oath was administered by then NCR Director, Alex Avila. Members of the NCR-CITC signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) forming the ITC as well as the Voluntary Code of Good Practices (VCGP). The formation was preceded by a series of meetings with both Management and Labor Sectors of the Constructions Industry during which the MOU and VCGP were crafted.
The organization of the Construction Industry Tripartite Council (CITC) was a response to the government’s call to ensure that relative to policy and decision-making in areas affecting the industry, the government; the management; and the labor sector are altogether engaged. The organization of the ITC is primarily aimed at ensuring harmonious labor management relations while addressing the need to promote gainful and decent employment in the industry including the promotion of safety and health standards.
An action-oriented, vibrant, and proactive ITC working to achieve a just, equitable, sustainable, and level playing field in the construction industry.
- To promote a culture of safety and health;
- To promote and monitor compliance with all statutory requirements, including but not limited to construction and labor laws;
- To promote programs in furtherance of its vision, as well as the objectives for which it was formed including but not limited to the following:
- working conditions particularly occupational safety and health, and social protection
- productivity improvement
- skills training and certification, and
- other educational programs;
- To review existing and proposed policies, and laws, and recommend tripartite positions on the policies and laws affecting the construction industry;
- To pursue a proactive role in promoting industry growth and harmony through cooperation, consultation, and dialogues; and
- To maintain the openness of the sectors to communicate their concerns as a means to sustain cohesiveness.
The NCR-CITC meets Quarterly. The present venue is the 4th Floor Conference Room in the DOLE-NCR Building in Malate, Manila.