The first reports for enforcement of labor and contratuction laws have been submitted less than a week after formal approval of Enforcement Programs by the NCR-CITC. The Enforcement Programs were approved during the First Quarter Meeting of the NCR-CITC held on 25 January 2018.
Two reports in respect of safety violations, non-compliance with wage laws and use of unlicensed subcontractors were submitted via the NCR-CITC website. A further report was similarly filed against an unlicensed contractor. Upon checking the latest PCAB listing, the contractor reported was not listed and therefore would appear to be unlicensed. These reports have been endorsed to DOLE-NCR for action
During the First Quarter NCR-CITC meeting on 25 January it was agreed that DOLE-NCR will conduct rigorous Labor Laws Compliance audits on reported contractors and will inspect construction sites in respect of which reports were received. Dependent on its audit findings, the following action will be taken by DOLE-NCR:
- Ensure that safety violations are corrected including, if warranted, suspension of work;
- Enforcement of wage laws;
- Report non-compliance of social benefit requirements for enforcement by SSS, PagIBIG, PhilHealth, etc.;
- Report cases where there is no Construction Safety and Health Program (CSHP) for project approved by DOLE to DILG, DTI, NBCDO for enforcement against erring Building Officials;
- Report licensed contractors using the services of unlicensed subcontractors to PCAB for disciplinary action;
- Report unlicensed contractors found at site(s) to DILG-NCR for endorsement to applicable LGU for revocation of Business License;
- Report unlicensed contractors found at site(s) to PCAB for prosecution endorsement under Department Administrative Order (DAO) No. 7 to DTI Fair Trade Enforcement Bureau;
At this point the NCR-CITC do not publish the names of alleged violators. However, once action is taken by any of the concerned government departments/agencies, such action will be reported on providing full details. “Action Taken Reports” will be published in this site.
The Report Action Flow is illustrated below:
Construction Safety Report
Unlicensed Contractor Report